Monday 1 December 2008

Melbourne's new Lord Mayor


I'm SO disappointed by what I've read Robert Doyle (newly elected Lord Mayor of Melb) has said lately. I'm really discouraged by his lack of compassion - apparently he wants to clear bogans and bad buskers out of the city. 

According to thefreedictionary.com,  to busk is 'to play music or perform entertainment in a public place, usually while soliciting money'. Perhaps only people who DON'T need money should be allowed to busk?

People busk for a variety of reasons, for fun and enjoyment (and not neccesarily that of others), to gain exposure or experience for a career, and for money, probably among other reasons. I thought Melbourne was supposed to be a diverse city? If Robert Doyle wants to be so elitist, he can move to Sydney I think.


In other news, Little Big Planet on the ps3, is incredibly enjoyable. I'm really having fun playing it. I've also been playing a bit of Spore on the PC, and that's pretty fun too! Would enjoy that one more if it was more comfortable to sit at the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!